We often get calls and questions asking how people can ensure their dishwashers clean their dishes completely. While modern dishwashers provide incredible cleaning for very little water we recommend a key things to ensure an effective clean.
- There is no need to rinse or wash your dishes in the sink prior to putting them in the dishwasher if you use high quality detergent. However you should always scrape off large excess food before loading. Just scrape into the garbage with a utensil.
- In order to clean dishes effectively ensure sprayer arms can rotate and spray water freely. Large items such as utensils and pan handles can block them so always give the sprayer arm a spin before starting a load.
- Load and sort dishes according to manufacturer instructions, this ensures water can circulate and reach all items.
- Read and follow all the detergent pack instructions and use right amounts.
- Rinse aids offer spot and film protection, boost drying results, and deliver shine.
- Remove and clean the filters regularly, when you do check to ensure sprayer arms are clean and everything spins well.
The video below provides some tips for on dish-washing by Finish the detergent makers: